Date(s) - 07/07/2017 - 07/09/2017
Loves Park Scuba
Troop 188 – Scuba CERTIFICATION – you asked for it – and IT’S HERE! Get your dive on – while becoming a Certified Diver with Troop 188!!!
READ AGE and OTHER REQUIREMENTS BEFORE SIGNING UP!!
– Adults and youth can attend this outing
– Siblings of scouts may attend this outing too as long as they meet the age and maturity requirements as stated below and are accompanied by a parent who takes responsibility for their well being during the outing. The BSA and Troop 188 will not be responsible for any mishaps to any person who is NOT a registered member of our Troop. All adults participating MUST have an up to date Youth Protection Training Status.
Cost $470 includes – certification, training materials, camping, food, etc.
We will need minimum 2 participants
Minimum Age and other requirements for youth:
– 14 years old preferred, 13 years old if the scout has demonstrated sufficient physical and emotional development.
– 1st Class Scout.
– Swimming Merit Badge required, Life Saving Merit Badge encouraged.
– Complete and up to date Health Forms. This is to include the SCUBA Diving Rider.
– Additional medical sign off if indicated by the SCUBA Diving Rider.
– Scoutmaster and the Tour Leaders approval.
PRECEDING ACTIVITIES/INCLUSIVE and REQUIRED: ~4 preparation meetings in May/June to go over training materials and complete certification worksheet. Certification weekend with 3 days of class, pool and open water lake diving tests
EXTENDED OPPORTUNITY PENDING– If scuba certified scouts will want to go on a diving day outing in August or September, we will present this as a separate outing with estimated cost of ~$120
Permission Slip: Scuba Open Water Certification 2017 Permission Slip Please print, sign, and bring to departure at CLC.
Lead: Mr. Maj