The Boy Scouts of America designates the Sunday that falls before February 8 (Scouting Anniversary Day) as Scout Sunday, which is the primary date to recognize the contributions of young people and adults to Scouting.
This year Troop 188 and Christ Lutheran Church will celebrate Scout Sunday on Sunday, February 9, 2020 at both the Traditional Service (8:30 AM) and the Contemporary Service (10:30 AM).
Here are the details from past years – stay tuned for updates from your Youth Service Project Coordinator.
● Meet in the Basement of CLC at 8:00 am for the 8:30 service and 10:00 am for the 10:30 service.
● End time should be at approximately 11:45.
● You are not required to be at both services, but are certainly welcome.
● We will serve as greeters and pass out bulletins before the services
● Troop 188 will provide breakfast snacks in Holy Grounds Coffee Shop for all to enjoy before/between/after service.
● Before, between and after services, we will be in the Narthax to represent Troop 188, with our table, including tri-folds, scrap books and smiling/inviting scouts – to answer questions about our unit and thank CLC for their support.
● Mr. Blyth will be giving a brief introduction to the congregation during each service, and likely ask you to come to the front for introduction.
● Rows will be reserved for us to sit together in the back of the sanctuary –
● Wear Class A, with merit badge sash and neckerchief, dress pants and shoes (no jeans, no tennis shoes!)